Saturday, April 6, 2013

We're moving on up!

Welcome to my blog.

I've been thinking about blogging forever.  I haven't quite found the reason to start until recently.  But now that we have a major life event coming our way, I want to start documenting it (other than the major social networking sites).

We bought a house!
A lovely house. And it happened fast too.  My husband and I have been browsing for the past few months.  We had a timeline set in place (because I'm a timeline type of person) and we were actually looking to purchase something in late summer/early fall 2013.  But then March rolled around and house after house started popping up on my Zillow app.  Look at this one babe!  My husband would look at the pictures, nod, and give me a reassuring smile which said "not yet."  Usually I would show him houses way out of our budget.  Or I would show him houses that were not fit for our commute.  He knew.  He knew I was itching to get out of our small apartment.  Our two bedroom "home" had served it's purpose.

We decided to get a real estate agent.  Just in case something popped up and we needed to make moves...we would be able to.  We spent a few Sundays going to open houses in different parts of the city.  After we finally decided the exact location of where we wanted to be, we knew it was just a matter of time.

Then it happened.

The ideal house for us went on the market.  We called up our agent and set up a showing.  There was an open house that Sunday, but we wanted to get in before hand.  The house was awesome.  Everything we were looking for give or take a few, minor things.  When we left, we found out that someone else had put an offer in.  Disappointed?  Of course.  But I fully believe in the saying that "everything happens for a reason," and this was one of those times.  Everything with this house was moving way too fast.  Faster than we wanted.  And we just had a feeling that it wasn't the one.  Apparently...when you know...you know...

So we waited and waited.  And then it happened (again)!

The ideal house for us went on the market.  We called up our agent and set up a showing.  There was an open house that Sunday, but we wanted to get in before hand.  The house was awesome.  Everything we were looking for give or take a few, minor things.  Sound familiar?  Yea.  But this time?  We knew.  As I was walking through the house, I truly imagined us living there.  Raising a family.  Hanging out with our dog in the backyard.  Family dinners in the dining room. (I know...I know... - the sappy stuff).  But I saw it.  I got that feeling.  This is it...this is the one.

So?  We put an offer in and we got it :)

We'll be settling April 19th.  Stay tuned for future posts about our life in the Small Wonder State.

No comments:

Post a Comment