Thursday, April 18, 2013

Morning Day Date

This past weekend, Jason and I had a morning day date.  Instead of our typical Friday or Saturday night out, we decided to switch it up.  I suggested earlier that week that we venture off to Rockford Park where I go running.  I.love.this.place.  One of the "Small Wonders" of Delaware.  It's absolutely stunning and makes me very nostalgic of my childhood for some reason.  There are always people there - walking their dog, playing baseball, having a picnic, going for a jog, etc.  So instead of sleeping in and lounging around, we went for a hike.  We found a trail that runs alongside the Brandywine River and explored that area for awhile.  Then we hiked up the back hill which leads into the park.  We literally had to climb some parts of this hill a.k.a. small mountain (which was much more than we anticipated)!  Jason had such a blast - he was truly in his element climbing those boulders :)  When we arrived at the top, we were right next to Rockford Tower.  This is one of my favorite places in Delaware - which explains why it is the background of my blog!


When we got back to the car, we decided to explore the area some more...get to know some of the back roads better than we do.  This is one of my favorite things to do - just drive around and get lost.  You always end up somewhere!

After a half hour of driving, we found ourselves at Lucky's Coffee Shop.  I feel like we traveled back in time.  Such a cute diner with great food and service - reminded me of a place my parents would have gone to when they were younger.  We both ordered delicious meals and ended up hanging out and chatting for an hour.  It was nice to just sit, relax and catch up - especially since we've been so busy lately.  We'll definitely be going back soon.

The next few weeks will be extremely busy!  We're closing on our house tomorrow!  FINALLY!  I'll be posting lots and lots about our progress as we get settled in to our new abode :)

No comments:

Post a Comment