Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let the moving preparations begin!

This weekend, it sorta-kinda hit us that we are moving soon.  So on Saturday, my husband and I decided to get the ball rolling.  I had the brilliant idea of "let's start packing!" as much stuff as possible.  An hour later?  I'd say 40% of our stuff was packed, walls were empty, holes were spackled.  I didn't take into consideration that we would be living amongst boxes for the next 12 days...oops!

On Sunday, we then decided to take a field trip to Lowe's to pick out our paint colors.  We're going to be repainting the interior of the house before we move in all of our furniture.  I think I'm most excited for the bathrooms.  Yes, the bathrooms - more than one!!!  We have two themes going that I absolutely love - I'll share them another time.

Other than paint colors, we wanted to buy our stair runner, hallway runner and living room (all matchy-matchy).  But of course, the style we wanted doesn't exist any more.  We paced around the store debating back and forth -  should we spend more money on a different style? OR should we figure it out later?  After two plus hours of being in Lowe's - we decided we'd figure it out later.

On the way home, I threw out the idea of going to Home Depot - two major hardware stores in one day?  Every girl's dream!  And what do you know?  There it was.  The stair runner and the hallway runner.  Not only did they both exist, but they were 1/2 the price of Lowe's and we could take them home that day!  Downside?  There was not a matching rug for the living room.  I'm not too worried about it.  I'm already searching the Web for the perfect rug  (confession:  I love online shopping).


This weekend is our last weekend in the apartment.  We plan on doing some fun things non-house related.  Picnic in the park.  Walk with Tyger.  Rita's?  Hopefully this nice weather continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment