Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hello SUMMER!

Happy summer!  Despite the heat wave and daily rain...I have been thoroughly enjoying myself.  So what have I been doing in no particular order?  Let me explain in way too much detail.

Kiersten's baby shower - I'll post about this later once all the pictures are edited by my cousin.  Here's a sneak peek though!  We had such a blast and it was so good to see friends and family celebrate my sister and her twin girls.



Graduate school - I finished one of my summer classes!  I still have two weeks to go with my other class.  After that?  I am taking a short, but necessary hiatus from grad school until September 3rd.  Four down...eight to go...

Visiting friends - I went to Washington DC for the night to visit some of my sorority sisters and had an absolute blast.  We went to Lauriol Plaza and indulged in some very yummy tacos.  I haven't seen them since December.  Way.too.long.

Working out - Jason and I have been trying to make an effort to work out more together.  It's been a little difficult not having a gym.  I'm still looking into joining one, just haven't found the right fit yet.  In the meantime, we'll keep ourselves content with work outs we find online (thank you Pinterest!) and DVDs that I can do in the basement.  We did this one last night.  Try it!  I was sweating...a lot.
I have a 5K coming up next Thursday (July 4th).  A bunch of my friends are making it an event and we're all doing it together.  I'm not thrilled with my time right now since I had to take time off from running though due to my...

BURN! - I got a mix of a second/third degree burn my first weekend of summer.  I was participating in a charity scavenger hunt in Philadelphia and received a lovely pipe burn on the inside of my calf from a motorcycle.  I'm on day 12 and the pain has finally subsided.  The doctor says I'll have a lovely scar and the "pink" won't go away for another year.  Awesome.
Smiling...post burn!
Reading - I love reading.  I also never get the chance to read anything by choice during the school year.  Instead I'm reading essays, articles for class, e-mails, more essays...it's exhausting.  So when summer comes around?  You can find me behind a book.  I just recently finished World War Z.  I thought it was good...but not my favorite book in the entire world.  I am also a huge science fiction fan and an even bigger zombie fan, and still - not my favorite.  I also have a feeling that it has nothing to do with the movie.  I'll still see the movie and can guarantee I won't be disappointed...Brad Pitt and zombies?  Love it. 

Being a stay.at.home.wife.and.dog.mom - and loving every minute of it.  I'm caught up on laundry, the house is clean, dinner is cooked...sometimes, I get to spend hours browsing Home Goods and TJ Maxx, and I am very well rested.  Plus I get to hang out with my little Tyger every day.  Yes, I will brag and rub it in while I can.  Life is good.

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment